Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Here we go..

So here it is, I am giving into another form of social media because my friends have made it seem appealing. We'll see if this has the staying power that some of my other guilty pleasures.

I think it seems obvious that the biggest focus in my life right now is my career search. I am, like many of my friends, at a loss because I feel like five years of working towards my degree (that magical piece of paper) has only amounted to "Is plastic okay?" Most people don't think about that question much but historically it's "Paper or plastic?" We don't ask that.. Cashiers/Baggers ask you "Is plastic okay?" because paper bags are a pain in the ass, they are hard to load, time consuming and once you are done they are awkward when you are trying to transfer them from the register back to the cart. Kind of like the transition between college and the real world. It's frustrating, awkward, overwhelming, and a huge cluster-fuck and at the end of the day.. you end up back at square one. (still working in a grocery store... a Wal Mart, a department store..)

I have had some failed interviews, no where awesome.. I have a spread sheet of all the places I have sent resumes, with a row for responses I received (Not Qualified, Pursuing other Candidates, No longer filling this position)..

So what my next move?

Disney Princess:
I think I could pull of Bell from Beauty and the Beast, just grow may hair out... brown hair, brown eyes, flawless olive skin.. it's like Walt Disney intended for me to take this position over. I mean, we all know that I am busty like her. Who wouldn't wanna be a princess for a living? I feel like she's less prissy than Cinderella like she could shot gun a beer, burp so loud it shakes the room and smile still remaining precious as ever.

Peace Corps:
Plain and Simple, I love travel:  move to somewhere like Peru for two years, which defers or CANCELS some of my student loans.. and when the world ends in 2012 I don't have to pay for the rest of my loans anyway! Yay Debt relief!

Teach for America:
So, I don't like kids. They are annoying and germy. Maybe I'd like troubled inner-city kids? ... Prob Not. *NEXT!*


Wienermoblie attempt 2:
I have had a year to think about this. I still love hot dogs, and condiments for that matter. Sadly, there is a good chance this is is my best bet of all the above.

Where oh where are the jobs?! Anyone?

-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment