Sunday, October 17, 2010

You had me a Merlot...

This weekend I attended my first networking event. It was surprisingly not terrifying. I was lucky enough to have one of my favorite people there to help the process along and ease my tension. I met some good people, all MTSU alum and all very friendly. 

I wonder why I haven't done this sooner? It's been obvious from day one that I am in a "Who do you know?" kind of field, but I have had a hard time growing the balls to get out there and meet people. I am glad I went. I am more than ready to have a job, but I am still a little confused about what I want to do.. 

Somewhere between my second red bull and vodka and the walk to my car it hit me. . . I am just ready to be independent knowing that I have enough money to cover all my bills. It shouldn't take me 3 pay checks to cover my phone bill... Not with a diploma. I would like a job where I get along with my co-workers. I wish people wouldn't blame their lack of a job on the economy, that just makes you look lazy there are jobs out there.. every single day I sift through hundreds of jobs.. So I know they are out there. I just have to figure out how to mold what I have to what they are looking for. 

Tomorrow is a new day. A new search and I know it is just a matter of time before something turns up. Because someone will see in me what I see in myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment